Terri Sweeney has produced content and written for a wealth of formats – from print, online, TV and radio broadcast to mobile and tablet platforms and big public screens in major cities. She has created BBC programme websites for BBC Two, re-launched websites for Radio 1 and Radio 2 and created PR content for other publications.
As a former Financial Journalist, Terri pitched ideas, interviewed government ministers in the UK and abroad and ultimately saw her features and informercials published in magazines and niche financial publications for professionals working in finance.
She has commissioned and produced books, interactive games, resources and merchandise, HTML newsletters, press releases, CDs and DVDs, and written cues and scripts for presenters on air and on TV.
Terri has also been interviewed on subjects across national and local radio and regional news and is particularly skilled at finding broadcast opportunities – whatever the message, whoever the audience and wherever they are.
Education and Awards
- Awarded 2 Sony Radio Academy Awards for campaigns at Radio 1.
- Leadership Essentials – an industry recognised 12 month course for managers run by Ashridge Business School – in 2014.
- Trained and highly skilled in the following areas: Media Production, Event Production, Media Law, Interviewing, Leading Creative Teams, Influencing and Negotiating, Project Management, Diversity.
- Completed training in First Aid, Safe Management of Events, Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults, Fair Dealing (EU Procurement Law).
- Managed Social Media & Community Engagement tools for BBC Campaigns and Programmes – i.e. YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Chatrooms, Outbound SMS, Flickr and Facebook and others.
- Master of Arts (MA) in Online Journalism from the Centre for Broadcasting and Journalism at The Nottingham Trent University.
- Bachelor of Arts in Politics (BA Hons, 2:1) from the University of Nottingham.
See additional portfolio examples in Broadcast and Campaigns pages.
Terri Sweeney | Media can advise your organisation on finding and creating media opportunities and help you to get your message across whatever the format and whoever the audience. Find out how via the Contact page.